We are committed to contributing to positive social outcomes in the communities where we have operations and our employees live, work and play through community development. In order to align these positive outcomes with business value, we provide support in the following four areas:
1) Promoting sports and recreation in rural communities with a strong focus on youth
We believe in providing sports and recreation opportunities to youth in rural communities where opportunities may not be as readily available. By supporting local sports groups, we hope to make sports accessible to youth in these communities.
2) Agricultural education, environment and safety
As more and more children are removed and disconnected from the ag community, we support programs that aim to bridge this gap and improve awareness and understanding. We also fund initiatives that support and inspire rural youth to become leaders in their communities and in the ag industry.
Safety is a top priority at Viterra. We provide and support education and training initiatives within the industry to empower our customers. We‘re committed to supporting organizations that make safety a top priority through education, prevention, and life-saving rescue services.
We care about the environment, focusing on initiatives that support environmental care and preservation.
3) Health and wellness
Healthy people are productive people, so we support a number of different organizations to help promote overall good health and well-being. Because this can cover so many different programs and initiatives, we focus our efforts on children’s hospitals and neonatal care, the United Way, the Red Cross, cancer research, local food banks, and the Canadian Foodgrains Bank.
4) Community support
We support the communities where our colleagues and customers live and work, focusing on initiatives that support the development of these communities. This includes initiatives such as ice and board sponsorships in arenas, curling rinks, ball diamonds, playgrounds, program sponsorships for tournaments, and more.
If you have an event, project or program and would like to apply for funding, please review our focus areas and eligibility criteria prior to completing the online application form, which includes:
- Must serve communities where Viterra employees / customers live, work and play
- The organization should be a registered charity which is eligible to issue official tax receipts for donations, or an established not-for-profit community organization
- The objectives of the organization must align with Viterra’s areas of focus
Viterra receives many worthwhile and important requests each year. While we review each request in the context of our Community Investment program criteria, not all requests that fit into our areas of focus will receive support. Only those selected will be notified.
Limitations and Exclusions
Support is not provided for the following types of requests (except in unique circumstances where they may meet other corporate objectives):
- Sectarian or denominational religious groups
- Fraternal organizations
- Private foundations or clubs
- Third-party funding organizations (such as professional telephone solicitors)
- Duplication to organizations which benefit from national or local campaigns
- Arts and cultural programs
- Regions / areas where Viterra does not conduct business
- Advocacy groups / individuals or lobby initiatives
- Sole benefit of individuals on an independent / organization basis
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Projects commercial in nature
- Organizations that discriminate or limit membership
- Mass mailed or non-addressed solicitation
Note: Viterra supports the United Way across Canada. Because of this, we do not provide duplicate support to organizations that are United Way / Centraide member agencies.
Review the eligibility guidelines and areas of focus. If your request does not support these criteria, you will likely not be approved. Please allow up to six weeks to assess your application, depending on the scope and dollar value of your request. Note: if you are submitting a request for an event, your request should be submitted 6-8 weeks prior to event date. If you submit after this timeline, we may not be able to process your request.
Click on the ‘Submit Your Application’ link to begin your online application. Our application will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Please attach supporting documentation that further supports your request.
After you’ve submitted your online application, you’ll see a message acknowledging receipt of your request.
Should you experience issues while submitting your request, please contact us via email at email@example.com. Do not submit your request to this email address. Only requests submitted through the online application form will be considered. We appreciate your patience while we carefully review your request.